Monday, December 15, 2008

Foods to Induce Labor, Scheduled Induction Date, and Baby Names

Last week Dr. Aguayo told Jason and I to be prepared that Baby D could arrive at any moment because I was already dilated to 2 cm, effaced, and she could feel the baby’s head (which makes me want to gag!) So we’ve had our hopes up since then that "today could be the day" and that I would try to help encourage her to make an early arrival by eating foods that you hear about that are supposed to help induce labor:
Pineapple
Bran Muffins
Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing
Spicy Foods
Egg Plant
Well in the past few days, I’ve consumed all of these things (not all in one setting), suffered some serious heart burn as a result and Baby D has yet to arrive. Even the full moon on Friday and my father driving over every pot hole, railroad track, and bump in the road after church on Sunday didn’t help out!

As much as I have loved being pregnant, the time has come where I cannot wait any longer. The anticipation is driving us crazy! Plus Dr. Aguayo and I agree that we both don’t feel like spending Christmas at the hospital so I am scheduled to be induced on Friday, December 19th, that is unless she decides to show up early. The only bad part of being induced is that I don’t get to send Jason into freak out mode by calling him at work and telling him that my water broke or I’m having contractions! Just the thought of all the stories I won’t be able to share about that experience kind of makes me sad.

Most popular question these days are what are you going to name the baby. Jason and I agreed that we didn’t want to name her until we saw her. We do have a middle name picked out, Elizabeth, after my maternal grandmother--Baby D’s only living great grandmother. As far as first names go, we have narrowed down our list to Gretchen (after one of Jason’s aunts) or Carden (my maiden name). She’ll probably come out not looking like either name, so then we’ll be back to square one and have to pull out all the baby name books and start over from scratch—or worse, Baby D will be a boy and we haven’t even talked about boy names!

5 comments:

Kembree said...

My sister didnt name my niece for a couple of days, I think that's a good idea if you are undecided, but I love Carden! That would be adorable!!

Davey Days said...

OK- if you are really ready... go to the Health Food Store & get evening primrose oil capsules (take 2 every 2 hours), black cohosh & red raspberry tea ( 1 cup of each every 2 hours). She'll come out and without your hormones going crazy. Good job on dialating 2 cm. Lots of H2O to hydrate! You can do it!!!!
Love Jen

heather mcgee said...

Hey Girl! I tried to call you tonight so how you are doing. I am SOOOO sorry that I missed your shower but Chad and I would love to come to Huntsville and have dinner with you and Jason. It looks like we will have to do that in a couple months. I don't think you can fit that in before Friday. LOL. We will be praying for you and Baby D.

FYI.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Carden. It was totally on my wish list for baby names but I thought everyone may think I was crazy since I was friends with you AND I dated your brother! But I LOVE THAT NAME!! It's TOO cute!

Anna said...

I'm a fellow AXO that found you through some of our sisters. I pray everything goes well and I say "boo" on drs. who say "any day now." That inevitably curses you into being in a constant state of "was that a contraction?" and feeling pregnant for an extra eon. I still had 3 weeks and 2 days after my dr. said that. I'm glad your's has an end game. Good luck!

Courtney said...

Carden!!! YAY!!! you know I love that name love!!! And Elizabeth totally rocks as well :)
Good luck-KEEP US POSTED!