Sunday, February 8, 2009

Progress!

We have seen tremendous progress with the house remodel the past few weeks. Tile is complete in all the bathrooms and the laundry room, kitchen cabinets are being installed, and the counter top guys are coming on Tuesday to make a template for our Soapstone Counter Tops. Not sure when the flooring guys will be back to start refinishing the floors, but since our contractor is having hip surgery the first week of March, he is determined to get our house completed before his surgery. This makes me SO happy. I cannot wait to be back into our house! Here are some pictures of the progress:




Carden is making progress as well. She is starting to sleep really well at night—4 to 5 hours! I’m still trying to feed her every 3 to 4 hours during the day to ensure that she is getting all the nourishment that she needs, which I’m still not exactly sure of what that is since every baby book says something different. I’ve come to realize that the baby books are designed to make new parents insane. You read one book and it will basically tell you that everything you are doing is wrong! Other parents have assured me that as long as she is gaining weight, not screaming, and is eating and making poopy diapers then we are in good shape! We are completely captivated by this little girl. She is starting to make great facial expressions and has even discovered her thumb as something to suck on other than her pacifier.


3 comments:

Karen B said...

She sleeps 4-5 hours already?! I am insanely jealous.

Courtney said...

AH yes...those books are nutty. I use to prop toys & stuffed animals up against Lizzie to keep the Soothie in and when she found her thumb I thought I had reached nirvana!! She is a peach...we are in love too!

Courtney said...

I meant Carden is a peach, although Lizzie is too but maybe more of raspberry than peach. I am rambling.